Skip to main content

What a tournament!

 

Best tournament of the year.


So i was not planning to play a big tournament but there it was, the 75€ zodiac festival shortdeck bounty. How can i ever resist that, the tournament started off like hell, i lost an all in from a JT6 flop with JT vs KQ and then lost another 2 buy ins against hands i dont even remember anymore. Here we go, buy in number 4... thats 300€ down the drain so far but the prize pool was too juicy to ignore. After playing tight for a while i flop a flush versus a massive 120€ bounty loose losing player, i bet the flop and turn, i see the river and think this is a nice spot for an overbet shove, opponent tanks for ages and makes the call, cool. 120€ heading my way, we dont feel so bad about 300€ in buy ins anymore.


The rest of the tournament went pretty damn chill, everyone played super tight which is very unusal for a shortdeck bounty so we just took down small pots all the way to heads up, nothing special , no bounties, no big all ins just a boring style of taking down 10bb pots.

4 ways we made a deal to split the money, 650€ to each, this definetely helped me a lot since it helped my opponents to relax, i quickly opened up sharkscope.com and i see they are all massive losers. Ok my style will remain the same, no fancy moves, no preflop all ins just boring small ball until heads up to try take down all the bounties.

And then we got to heads up after a guy shoved K9o preflop and ran into AQs, awesome. I am headsup against a big fish, life cant get any better. I calculate the bounties and whoa, we are playing for 800€. That is massive, pretty much my 2 months average return. I play small ball and the opponent asks if we should just go all in and flip for it. I have a huge advantage against this guy so i say no.

I take some chips off of him here and there and i can see he is getting more agressive, i have played a lot of heads up in final tables in my lifetime so i am chill. I have a plan and i am sticking to it.

And then we get to this hand. I know my opponent wants to gamble against me, usually JJ is not that great for a big all in preflop but i know he is calling a wide range of hands i can beat like 97,87,T9,T8,J9,JT,88,99,TT etc so i reraise him all in. I am definitely sweating , i see a call and he shows 87s. Whoa here we go, 69% for a 800€ bounty. I see a flop of AA6 and we are 76%, we just need to avoid a 9. The turn is a Q and i am going to throw something against the wall if i see a 9, luckily the river is a J and i am fist bumping air. We did it! The biggest win of my shortdeck career!!! I quickly calculate my win of 10892 CNY to eur and i see 1582€! Amazing.




Here it is, the picture i always want to see. What started as the worst day possible turned out to be the best day i can hope for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legend of Leemurikari - zero to 40k through poker : Month 1

   Hi i am a 32 year old man who has always dreamed of buying a house. I used to play nl25-50 holdem from 2011 until 2018 when i realized playing poker for a living is'nt for me anymore. I have made a total of 100k$+ and saved up absolutely none of it, stupid kid i know. Oh well, atleast i can start all over again now huh? Poker has left me with no actual skills that apply to real life, so i definetely can't just save up towards a house from my salary and onlyfans probably isn't for me. Since i lack absolutely any skills i will be doing it the hard way, lots of hours. I started playing poker again last year with 20 bucks and a dream to get some savings towards an eventual house, i will be playing 50-100h a month Heres my tournament graph, sick isnt it. Full five buckaroos an hour, life is great.  Can't really give a graph of my cashgame grind since huds are not allowed on ggpoker but trust me on it, its equally as sick, 5 bucks an hour 👀 Here's where im at after a

Month 4 - Downswing

 September was pretty mundane, cash ran under EV and all my tournaments went pretty darn horrible, overall i maybe made around 300€ in total but because of the global economic situation i was losing money pretty hard. I also got promoted and started a new job, lots of new things to learn and less time to play poker. I was pretty exited to play WCOOP but the fun lasted for only an hour ' And my cash game graph for me the month, hopefully October will go better Goal :  5279€/40000€